Sunday, December 13, 2009

Nice Little Get Away

Uncle D and I left very early Friday morning headed to Atlanta, GA where the company that he works for is located. They graciously fly and put us up for the weekend for the annual Christmas party. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Atlanta this year. It was across the street from the Centennial Olympic Park and the Aquarium. A couple of views from you hotel window:
Yesterday morning, we visited the aquarium with some friends and saw lots a neat fish:


Last night the Christmas party was at Morton's in downtown Atlanta. We could have stopped with the appetizers: Colossal Shrimp Cocktail, Petite Lamb Chops and Broiled Scallops but no we continued to the entrees which I must say they were quite scrumptous. We left today headed back home and our flight was delayed about 1:30 hours. So we made it to Spring Creek at the end of my nearly 13 year old great nephew's birthday party:

I laughed because as Reagan was opening this gift, Ben said "Oh it's just underwear." I don't think it was underwear but apparently Ben would not be impressed if someone got underwear for a birthday gift. All in all, it was a great weekend get away.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Ah Spring Creek.. it has been way too long. Wish I could have had my birthday dinner there. Coming back is definitely on my to do list!