Friday, December 12, 2008

Fun Weekend

Yesterday evening Uncle D and I traveled to Atlanta, GA for fun, fun and more fun. The company that Uncle D works for is located in Atlanta and this is the weekend of their company Christmas party. Today, Uncle D did go into the office and worked all day. I and my new friend "L" (a wife of one of Uncle D's co-workers) shopped the Marietta, GA town square and had a GREAT time of it.
There is a famous big chicken in Marietta (I'll post a picture of it when I get home). This chicken is a landmark that everyone here uses in giving directions. It kept turning up on our travels today and we finally figured out we were driving in circles. We then broke down and figured out how to use the GPS system in the rental car and made it to our destination (Uncle D's employer's location). Our excursion today was full of laughter and adventure.
Later this evening we had dinner with two other couples at a Chinese restaurant. I had my first sushi tonight and I was quite surprised that I liked it.
Tomorrow, Uncle D & I are going to catch some of the sites of Atlanta during the day and then to the Christmas party in the evening. I understand it will be quite an event and am looking forward to seeing what unfolds. Uncle D will be the designated photographer so I'm sure there will be pictures to post later.
Also, tomorrow we'll be thinking about Brandon as he graduates from North Texas and praying for LeAnn and baby Brody as they bedrest.
We're flying home Sunday and I'm sure I'll have more to post about our fun weekend then.

No comments: