Sunday, November 16, 2008

Feast or Famine

I have found in our lives that our activities are either feast or famine. We have lots and lots to do or nothing at all. This past week was a feast of activities. As Uncle D posted Tuesday evening was our dreaded plumbing experience and an experience it was. We'll leave it at that.

Wednesday evening, Uncle D headed to church and I headed to dinner with some people that work out of our Albuquerque and Las Vegas offices. I work and talk with these people on a daily basis and finally got to put faces to the voices and names. It was a very enjoyable evening.

Thursday evening, I went with a group from our church to see Dr. David Jeremiah who brought a sermon on "What in the World is Going On?" about Bible prophecy. I gained a little insight on the rapture and how soon it could be. An added plus to going was the worship leader for this event was Steve Amerson who is one of the best tenors you could ever hear. I truly enjoyed the music.

Friday, I was dragging and after a day at work, I came home and crashed. Sleeping for 11 hours is usually not something I do but I did Friday which got me refreshed and ready for Saturday.

Uncle D dreads shopping as much as he dreads plumbing but Saturday morning, we headed out to one of our local malls to meet friends and shop for him a suit. Success! I finally agreed that I liked the first suit he tried on after he tried on two others. Bless his little heart. We were able to get some Christmas shopping done as well so I thought it a very productive trip. After lunching with our friends, and a little more shopping we headed home to rest for an hour or so and then off to keep some of our friend's children, 4 of their 5.

Today of course was a great day at church and now for our Sunday afternoon nap.

No comments: