Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Plumbing - The dreaded event!

As one of our favorite kids is always saying, "I did it".

I performed the dreaded plumbing event last night. As ice water coursed through my veins, I entered the darkened room to start the delicate and dangerous process. (Sounds Bourne like don't it)? We had a toilet that was stopped up and after endless plunging the decision was to pull the porcelain throne. What a great joy that was. And just like NASA, there were multiple processing units making intricate decisions to decide what needed to happen when and where. My brain was one of them and AuntJ's was the other and it was for sure neither one was coming from experienced training in this area. After donning gloves and draining the bowl, disconnecting the water line and emptying the tank it was time to do the deed. Off it came and low and behold I couldn't tell that I was any better off than before. It was finally decided that we would take it outside to try and backwash to see if anything came out. It did. That's as far as I will go in the description of that process. In the end, one of the most important seats is back in place and I can now say.

I HAVE PLUMBED!!!

And as of this morning when I left, it had not leaked.

No comments: