Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Loudness of Silence

First I must preface this with the fact that we sleep with two fans in our room, more for the noise than for the air. Early in the a.m. hours, we had some thunderstorms come through which woke both of us. First was the lighting and loud thunder and then the silence of no fans because we lost electricity. I got up and checked the time and realized I had the time to sleep for another hour so I got my kitchen timer and set it to go off in an hour. I then preceded to lay there for the entire hour listening to the silence. I commented to Uncle D that it was amazing that the silence was... and Uncle D completed my thought.. so loud. Thankfully the electricity came on just as I was lighting candles in the bathroom so that I could get ready for work in the semi-darkness.

No comments: