Saturday, January 24, 2009

Lesson learned from a child

Last week Andy and Ben were hanging with their Poppy. They were thirtsy and Poppy gave them a choice of a bottle of water to quench their thirst. Andy wanted other options but was told his only choice was water. He refused and this is how he was feeling after his refusal:

Ben on the other hand, accepted the bottle of water and went happily along his way:


Andy reconsidered and finally accepted the bottle of water and look what fun the boys had:


This made me think about how I react when God gives me choices and how I react. Sometimes I want things my way and feel like Andy felt (not very happy). When I finally give up my will and accept God's will, I am much happier and life is good. Why do I have to learn this lesson over and over again?

Isn't God good to love us even when we make mistakes and I'm so thankful that he is a God of second chances.

No comments: