Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday Favorites

BFFs - aren't they grand! You know how sometimes you just make a connection with someone and you know they are going to be a good friend? This is how I felt when I got to know my lunch buddy, LaDonna. She and I share similar upbringings, outlooks and faith. We both love to sing but she has the talent and I only have the love of singing. She has even been known to break out in song in the breakroom which sometimes gets us some really funny looks. She is a member of Sweet Adelines International which is a world-wide organization of women singers committed to advancing the musical art form of barbershop harmony. Her chorus is leaving for Hawaii for competition in November and they have been invited to perform at Carnegie Hall in NYC in February 2009. They also have a show tomorrow night "The Road to Broadway" and I hope it goes well. I'm glad to say she is my favorite lunch buddy.

No comments: